Choosing the right water underfloor heating system
To get the best
results from a water underfloor heating system, you’ll need to choose the right
type for your particular needs. Here’s our quick guide to your options from
Snug Underfloor Heating:
There’s no doubt
about it, screed systems give you the best possible output. They’re also the
cheapest option and the most efficient. The drawback is, they need space.
Typically, they need around 200mm because they rely on heating a thermal mass.
There are three different screed systems to choose fro
- Staples: the cheapest way to lay this kind of system on a budget.
- Clip rails: easier, faster installation, great for big, open rooms.
- Castellation mats: the most expensive screed option, but the fastest. They’re also ideal
if you’re laying a water system on a solid concrete floor without installation.
These are great when
you’re retrofitting underfloor heating or working with low ceiling heights.
They’re also perfect when you’re fitting a water system upstairs because they
only need 18mm of space. Plus, they’re easy to install, even if you’re doing
the job on your own. Adding our Snug Support low-profile ends makes
installation much faster and easier too
Suspended floor systems
These systems are
designed specifically for upper floors and there are two main options to choose
- Suspended Heat Plates: fits neatly between standard 400mm joists and is
easy to install.
- Fit from below heat plates: ideal if you’re renovating downstairs and
want to add underfloor heating upstairs without lifting the floor. It fits
neatly between any size of joist and is quick and easy to install.
Why choose Snug?
At Snug we really know our underfloor heating. We’re experienced
technical experts who love helping you get the most from our systems – finding
just the right one for your project, creating a customised design and
supporting you through installation and beyond. We’ll also give you:
- Accurate, efficient, customisable systems that
help reduce energy bills.
- A full quote within 24 hours of receiving your
- Advice on choosing, installing and programming
the right system for your needs.
- A free custom design service, from pipe and board
layouts to flow rates and full electrical schematics.
- Expert help tackling your specific challenges,
from limited budget to limited space or time.
- A full warranty on every system, including
replacement parts and damage cover.
- The option to add smart wifi thermostats that
learn how long your home takes to heat.
- Straight-talking, expert support, whether you’re
a homeowner or a heating professional.
To find out more, call our Snug support team today